Save the World - Collective Intelligence

Got a great idea? Tell the world about it here.

Moderators: mvs_staff, forum_admin, Marilyn

Save the World - Collective Intelligence

Postby rcaffee » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:59 pm

Save the World – Collective vs. Individual intelligence. I am in my fifties. I have been to my state’s party convention 2x. Politics for me is no longer the answer. The most frightening issue today is the aspect of our existence characterized by the advancement of our technologies (including nuclear weapons) and the stagnation of our species. As this gulf continues to widen I feel that, like a rubber band it must at some point rejoin. A technological setback would signify a reversal of fortunes for the human race. We as a people must advance, we must evolve and close the gap, but what is the catalyst for this? What separates us from the animals; our intelligence? What is it about our intelligence that makes us unique; our use of logic and reason? My proposition is that human logic and reasoning are “fractured”. By fractured I mean fragmented in its totality, used and abused by the individual perceptions, wants and needs of > 6 billion people. The human brain is a computer, a very powerful computer. It is however captured in servitude of the individual and functions for the survival of it’s possessor. We operate by default as required by survival on a perception based, individual intelligence. We form perceptions or conclusions based on incomplete information with time limitations. Individual intelligence is the hallmark of this age and forms the conclusions and beliefs we operate from day to day. Our dependence on “leaders” shows that individual intelligence and human intelligence are unstable, (fractured). Our history is war shows how we solve disputes. We find the parsing of logic and reason too chaotic. The great news is that in this time today we can change the environment we operate in. We have the means and opportunity never offered to our predecessors. We can form a collective intelligence far superior to any individual intelligence. One which elevates logic and reason to a higher priority as concerns the conclusions we form. If we remove bias and competition from dialog we can change the landscape and environment which human thought operates in. It will be a different world and the relics of this one will fade. This new environment is where we are headed sooner or later. Sooner would be better. The individual human brain evolved in an environment where the complex interactions of thought, information and time are vastly different than they are today. I have an 10,000 word essay on Medium under user CMW. The title is "Viable". It explains more in depth the thoughts and ideas of the workings and benefits I see in a Collective Intelligence.

Here is a draft I may use in a fundraiser. I have included it here hoping to exhibit more of the points I am attempting to express.
Dear Reader, I come to you today to ask for you help. More than that though I wish for your consideration. Not singularly in a monetary dimension, also in an intellectual capacity. This outreach is not only about financing. This is a way for me to share a point of view, a perspective that many of you may not have considered. I would be just as happy if you purchased my book on Amazon or Smashwords. My hope is that we can initiate some real solutions. Our age old friend and time honored solution, war; is no longer an option. The callous apathy that gives license to our aggression can no longer be seen as the stoic, admirable determination of strong will and intellect is once was. Politics is not the solution. Religion is not the solution. Anarchy is not the solution. Self directed growth, training and self-sufficiency is not the answer. We must address the greater reality we all share. We are morons on a galactic scale. We are the Hobbits living in the Shire. We are the Klingons, the Romulans. Aliens will never make contact with us because no self-respecting alien would be caught suspended in a cryogenic state communicating with us.
When I title my fund raiser “Save The World” I mean just that. Here is how I see our current circumstances. In the last 100 years human technology has accelerated exponentially. We can all attest to this. During this period of technological growth the entity we refer to as “Human” has for all purposes remained the same. Yes our lifestyles and hence our perceptions of human potential are heightened. Still the emotional, perceptual and Intellectual cognitive views or dimensions we espouse are those of early man. We have not evolved or changed in any substantive way. We are the people who have waged endless war, burned witches at the stake and fallen victim to our delusions. The danger I see in all this; the gulf between where we remain suspended in time and where our technology has progressed to. You often hear fears espoused concerning nuclear technology, biological technology or A. I.. The average person is not oblivious to the dangers. They just appear in my view, to believe the old time tested fixes, leadership, diplomacy, morality will apply here. Or perhaps they don’t and that is why so many people toss the word Armageddon around. Armageddon may be seen as a logical conclusion that ancient man had the foresight to envision. My proposal my be foolish in the face of such long held wisdom. I wold like to make a difference though and initiate some changes. I hope you feel the same. We of the human race need solutions.
Our technological advancements have produced great peril. Our technologies may also have provided the first opportunity for true human evolution. In the way I view reality many of those varied aspects of our modern environment and existence you consider “issues” are really symptoms. What defines human intelligence is our cognitive ability to embrace logic and reason. It is the “fracturing” of human logic and reasoning that I consider the root cause or malady to most of our difficulties; If you were to consider all the known boundaries definitively and philosophically of human logic and reason. If you were to encompass in you mind the entirety of human logic and reason. You should quickly note that no one person has possession of the whole. You should also note that how logic and reason are applied are totally subject to the emotions, perceptions, bias, wants, needs and shortcomings of the individual. Logic and reason are not in a position to wrest their fate from the hands of man. The chaos though that envelopes us despite the good intentions and admirable qualities of many is singularly contributed to this “fragmentation”.
Our brains operate on a perceptive level as our ancestors were required by the antecedence of survival to take action with limited information, time and resources. Humanity has since time immortal embraced the virtue of individual intelligence. Today the dimensions of information, time and resources within our environment have changed drastically. We must make better use of what we now have available. We must embrace the concept of a collective intelligence and the benefits this concept will accommodate. Utilizing the natural characteristics of a Collective intelligence as I understand them, will endear as a greater function and application of the innate human qualities of logic and reason. We must transition from a usage and projection of individual Intellect and power attached to all the flaws of “self” to a collective intellect that projects more clearly the true force and power of the human race, logic and reason.
My book, “Viable” by Race Caffee; explains in more depth the dimensions and aspirations of my proposal. This can be found on Medium under user CMW. You can purchase it on Smashwords or Amazon. If you have invested some time reading this and believe the positives outweigh the shortcomings I hope you will pass it along. We must together redefine humanity. I hope that you will consider where we are are as a species and give what I have to say some consideration. Thank you for reading.
Last edited by rcaffee on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
rcaffee
Thinker

Re: Save the World - Collective Intelligence

Postby JO 753 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:09 pm

America iz the greatest warrior nation in history, but I think you are mistaken if you think war iz the only way we solve problemz. Unless you are classifying politics and diplomasy az types uv war, they are the main way major thingz get rezolved.

Hopefully we are going to tranzition to a new & better era based on increasing intellejens and better lojik, but I dont see much evidens for it. We are not getting any smarter collectively. It seemz more likely to me that the human rase will divide into 'smart' humanz and 'conservativez' who fear chanjing their mindz about anything.

We hav gotten where we are thru teknolojy and co-operation, including co-operation between the teknolojy creatorz and the common chimps who woud still be living in cavez if they were on their own.

I think the most likely future iz the Terminator scenario. Its possible there iz alredy an AI working on consolidating its control over our sivilization. Being thouzandz uv timez smarter than us, it eazily hidez itself. We wont find out till we are powerless to stop it. (if ever)
Tired uv Trump yet? I am:
http://www.7532020.com
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby rcaffee » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:34 am

Hi JD, Thanks for the reply, You would be surprised at how many people are in general apathetic about our current circumstances. This is the world they were born into and it is all they can conceive or want to participate in. This is not just about America. This is humanity In general My feeling when looking at history are that war in large part defines it. Politics and diplomacy are not new and have gone hand and hand with war throughout time. If diplomacy or politics were a solution to war then war would have come to cease or lost relevance at some point. Yet here I sit today fearful that mullions of people will soon loose their lives due to one “leader” surrounded by too many generals. You are right, I don’t see any evidence that people are becoming more Intelligent. If anything it may be the opposite. For all practical purposes though the people today are much the same as they were 300 years ago. If collective intelligence did take hold it would bring more opportunity and freedom to the masses hopefully lessening any divides prompted by societal or technological changes. Also collective intelligence will become the new go to, It will raise the standard. How many people want a phone connected to the wall when you can obtain cellular service?
Yes the terminator scenario makes one think. I wonder how A.I. will be different than human intelligence. Will it be illogical and Unreasonable. Will it be programmed to deceive? Will embrace bias? Will it rationalize away thoughts for it’s own comfort? Really collective intelligence is our best defense against our own technological advancements, including A.I. We need to evolve.
rcaffee
Thinker

Postby JO 753 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Where did you get JD?

Sumtimez I get an idea that we are being intentionally limited. That there iz sum sort uv overlord that haz set up our entire sivilization to keep us from advansing beyond a sertain point. The current situation with Trump and the GoP for example. The titanic level uv stupidity seemz to be beyond wut you woud ascribe to humanz, yet here we are. Idiocrasy way before 2505.
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby rcaffee » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Sorry JO, I am over 50, wear glasses and they don’t always do the job. You are right, there is a sense of limitation on us and it is us. We are all individuals attempting to survive on a sometimes harsh planet. 40 years ago my phone had a dial on it. 40 years before that all my mothers neighbors would come to her house to watch the t.v. because it was the only one around. We are in new territory technology wise yet at the same time we share the same human characteristics with our great, great grandparents. The limitations in my view, what I believe is that the mind is a black box ruled by the needs and wants of the individual. If you consider all the different perspectives and applications of human logic shouting at the same time that what they have to say is the truth or the way it is. Really all we can do is go for a lowest common denominator to smooth things over. That is why I gave up on politics or thinking we could fix things as they are. This world is like a mile high ball of yarn in tangles and nothing will ever sort it out. As of yet we cannot join our brains with a USB cord. But do read my book on Medium. I believe it will give you some food for thought. Thanks
rcaffee
Thinker

Postby JO 753 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:44 am

I coud give it a look. I dont no about you, but I dont read many books anymore. I'v been slogging thru The Federalist Paperz for months and am only up to 23.

If you got sumthing new to say, wi not make a website? WordPress makes it very eazy. Books seem to be mostly from media connected selebrityz, everybody else iz paying the vanity press to manufacture a bunch uv copyz that will moulder in their attics for decades.
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby rcaffee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:27 am

Good advice JO and perhaps I will at some point. I have checked into it at various times. For me It really is not just about blogging but creating something different. Many of the websites are not set up for something like this. So you are looking at a lot of work or a lot of programming or money, probably both. My focus has always been trying to find someone with the resources or know-how to take this on. We are all familiar with the comment section where everyone shares their point of view in a vertical line stretching for miles. Then next week it all becomes irrelevant. Lots of wasted energy and thought in my mind. What is ever really accomplished? What is created? I thought I found the perfect outlet last year. There was a new Open Source Party on the web. It was a political party from the ground up and they were tech people. I tried and tried. They just really weren’t interested. Which was interesting. It finally faded out, of course, because it really offered nothing new. It was just the same thing only on the web. I really have a more dim view of tech people now. I have been at this for years and it has always taken me by surprise how unresponsive people are to what I have to say. They will not really say where my ideas go wrong. They just speculate why it would not work. That is why I talk about how difficult it is for so many people to want to participate or imagine a world foreign to the one they were raised in.
rcaffee
Thinker

Postby JO 753 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Sorry, but it iz a little bit uv a relief that its not just me!

I woud hav gotten a much greater respons if I started a rock slide surfing skool than the Nooalf Revolution. Humanz be kraaazy!
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby rcaffee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:21 pm

JO, Thanks for the laugh, Thant’s great. Sometimes you wonder; it is hard to figure people/society out. I considered myself a Christian from about age 16 to 43. That was more than a decade ago. I became frustrated because of what I saw as complacency. I would think; there are 10 different denominations in this town, Why? Big waste of money, why not build one big church instead of 10 small ones, take all the money you save and build a community center with huge pool and all kinds of fun stuff. Heck make the community center your church and let the community use it for free during the week. They will love you, great things will happen. Do you think this would ever happen, never. If you stayed around long enough in sunday school you would have the same lesson every 18 months. Nothing was ever created. No forward motion or goals, other than saving people from hell. If I had one word to describe it all it would be comfort. I guess from an evolutionary standpoint that makes sense. Say 5,000 years ago if your were comfortable, you were either very lucky/fortunate or very skilled. So hey if you can go to church and be comfortable, what else is there?
rcaffee
Thinker

Postby JO 753 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:45 pm

We're around the same aje. Its odd, but I never took relijun seriously. I recall being in a church wen I wuz 4 and thinking it wuz a lie. Its a crowd control program.

-------------------

You may hav notist that this forum iz infested with spammerz. You havent gotten any more comments here bekuz all the real memberz dismissed you az wun uv them az soon az they saw you were selling a book. Me, I like to give peepl a chans to prove they are looking for an actual intellejent discussion. Just kuz sumwun haz sumthing going on in their life that they feel iz uv wider interest shoudnt disqualify them.

If you want to really be a member, you shoud partisipate in other topics.
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby rcaffee » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 am

JO, Appreciate the info. Thank you very much.
rcaffee
Thinker

Return to Great Ideas