753 2020

Got a great idea? Tell the world about it here.

Moderators: mvs_staff, forum_admin, Marilyn

Re: 753 2020

Postby Edward Marcus » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:15 am

You got my vote.

When you are prez could I ask the clocks be set back on a Monday instead of Sunday , when the extra hour of sleep is superfluous.

Also I believe an extra hour granted to every American would go a long way towards curing almost 90% of our country's social ills, and if the Dem's wont support the concept, then start a new party and call it the DSP (daylight savings party).
Edward Marcus
Intellectual

Postby JO 753 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Thank you for your support. Tell all your frendz & family!

How about no more DST? I think its just another outdated tradition.
Tired uv Trump yet? I am:
http://www.7532020.com
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:57 am

Got an email from my congressman, Randy Hultgren (R). It wuz a standard GoP blitherblather about 'our energy future' attempting to make it look like they arent working for the fossil fuel industry.

I sent a reply about wuts really going on:

Dear Mr. Hultgren,

I have been reading The Federalist Papers.

One of the big concerns of the founding fathers was the danger of foreign powers influencing people within our government. They go into some detail about how the ancient Greek city-state's attempts at democracy would always fail due to foreign actors taking advantage of internal rivalries.

If Hamilton, Madison, Jay, or any of the founding fathers were around today to witness what is going on with Trump and Putin, they would surely be aghast at the dismal failure of their creation.

They would instantly see that the wrench jamming the gears is party loyalty gaining priority over patriotism.

Even without the treasonous conspiracy, they would be appalled that such a carnival barker clown had managed to gain the Presidency and that he has yet to be impeached in spite of the non-stop goofs, lies and bafoonery.

I am sorry to have to inform you of this, but it is glaringly obvious that you and all the Republicans in the highest offices in the land are not adhering to your oath of office. You are failing to do your duty. The separation of powers cannot work when your loyalty is to your party rather than the nation. You are participating in treason, even if your only crime is inaction.

I understand you are not a major player in Congress, but that is no excuse. Your duty is to your local constituents and the United States of America, not the GOP.

I do not know the intricacies of your political situation or how things 'work' in Washington, but I suggest that if you can't get a coalition of Republican congressmen together to oust Ryan, call for Trump's impeachment, or otherwise end Putin's control over The White House, switch to Democrat or declare yourself an independent with a strong statement as to why.

I'm about 85% sure there will be no respons. Randy just goez along to get along. A career politician, very comfortable in hiz jerrymandered GoP district.

Feel free to copy & paste my messaj and send it to your reprezentativez, substituting their name, uv course.
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby robert 46 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:28 am

My father would occasionally write to a senator or representative with some scathing comments. Often he would receive a form letter in reply which ended with "Thank you for your indications of continuing support."

T'row the bums out! is the best course of action.

"In a democracy, the people get the worst government they deserve." In other forms of government they may well get worse government whether they deserve it or not. It's like "being between a rock and a hard place", yet anarchy is worse yet.
Last edited by robert 46 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
robert 46
Intellectual

Postby JO 753 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:07 am

To be fair, I hav emailed Senator Dick Durbin (D) a few timez and gotten only form letter replyz.
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby JO 753 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:55 am

Will Trump take the opportunity during the Asia trip to flee to Russia? Remember Snowden snuck off to Japan first, disappeared, then showed up in Russia.

I wunder if therez a way for us pleebz to find out where Trump's 747 iz.
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby robert 46 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:00 am

JO 753 wrote:I wunder if therez a way for us pleebz to find out where Trump's 747 iz.

Wouldn't do any good. Stinger missiles only have a range of 5 miles, and you'd have to talk with the Taliban to get one of those the U.S. gave them during the USSR/Afghanistan conflict- assuming its shelf-life hasn't expired by now.

P.S. I trust the sarcasm of this is not lost on readers- OF COURSE the government isn't going to let people know where Air Force One is from moment to moment.
robert 46
Intellectual

Postby JO 753 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:34 pm

I dont mean AF1, I'm tokking about Trump's own 747.

It woud not suprize me if its waiting sumwhere on hiz itinerary and he will git wile the gittin iz good.

Actually, I dont think he'd be welcome in Russia. Hiz job iz to follow Putin'z orderz az Prez, wich he cant do if bailz out. He sertainly woudnt be useful az a sours uv inside info!
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby robert 46 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:34 pm

JO 753 wrote:I dont mean AF1, I'm tokking about Trump's own 747.

Trump doesn't have a 747. He has a 757-200 which replaced his 727.
It woud not suprize me if its waiting sumwhere on hiz itinerary and he will git wile the gittin iz good.

Why wouldn't it surprise you?
Actually, I dont think he'd be welcome in Russia. Hiz job iz to follow Putin'z orderz az Prez, wich he cant do if bailz out. He sertainly woudnt be useful az a sours uv inside info!

Isn't this contradictory to the previous sentence? And what is the basis, if any, for this fantasy propagandizing? I think that all four of the Baby-Boom presidents have been a disgrace to their generation, but one doesn't have to make up stories to establish this.
robert 46
Intellectual

Postby JO 753 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:22 pm

Interesting. Seem to recall seeing a show, possibly Robin Leach'z Lifestylez uv the Rich & Famous about Trump's jet.

Yes, its a contradiction. After further consideration I saw the flaw in Russia being the plase he'd escape to.

I think he will try to disappear wen he figurez the gig iz up.

But there are other wayz this can go, especially with the entire GoP covering for him. For example, he coud complete hiz mission and be King uv America in servis uv Emperor Putin. Or this entire debacle coud be a CIA plot to take away Putin'z nukes and Trump will be a great American hero.
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby JO 753 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:24 pm

Odd, I'm sure I had a topic sumwer on the web titled 'Rachel Maddow to the Rescue'. Cant find it.

Herez the latest. Not looking good for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_dwR5KFxA
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby JO 753 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:31 pm

JO 753
Intellectual

Postby robert 46 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:37 am

JO 753 wrote:Yes, its a contradiction. After further consideration I saw the flaw in Russia being the plase he'd escape to.

I think he will try to disappear wen he figurez the gig iz up.

An egotist would never consider disappearing- perhaps keeping a low profile like Nixon did.
But there are other wayz this can go, especially with the entire GoP covering for him.

This is propagandizing. Ludicrous to claim "the entire GoP is covering for him", which is far from the truth.
For example, he coud complete hiz mission and be King uv America in servis uv Emperor Putin.

The last person who really wanted to be (and was) President-for-life was Franklin D. Roosevelt- a pivotal disaster for the future of the United States which can be recognized in retrospect.
Or this entire debacle coud be a CIA plot to take away Putin'z nukes and Trump will be a great American hero.

Silly fantasy. Nothing external can remove Russia's nuclear weapons. The thorny problem is how to remove North Korea's nukes. Perhaps every time North Korea does a ballistic missile test then we should do an anti-ballistic missile test on it. It would allow us to refine the reliability of our ABM system at half the cost.
robert 46
Intellectual

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:41 am

robert 46 wrote:An egotist would never consider disappearing- perhaps keeping a low profile like Nixon did.

The probable outkum will be the idiot GoPs will finally realize Trump iz going to sink them in 2018 and impeach him and Prez Pence will pardon everybody.

This is propagandizing. Ludicrous to claim "the entire GoP is covering for him", which is far from the truth.

There are a few hoo are speaking out and Mitch McConnell iz on the fense, but in jeneral they are afraid uv loozing Trump's voterz, so are doing everything they can to protect him from hiz crimez and blunderz. Just watch Jeff Session'z hearing yesterday. The Republicanz were uniformly helping him, mostly with off-topic junk to distract from TrumPutin and hiz part in it.

Silly fantasy. Nothing external can remove Russia's nuclear weapons.

I no its pure speculation, but it duz hav sum explanitory power. With 30+ confirmed Russian connectionz and Trumps long history uv Putin connected financial support, how coud the CIA, FBI and NSA not hav been on to this from the start?

The thorny problem is how to remove North Korea's nukes.

Az real az it iz, its being uzed to divert our attention. Notis how the collapse uv the mountain test site haznt gotten much coveraj?

Perhaps every time North Korea does a ballistic missile test then we should do an anti-ballistic missile test on it. It would allow us to refine the reliability of our ABM system at half the cost.

Exellent idea.
JO 753
Intellectual

Previous

Return to Great Ideas