Daily Rant

Got a great idea? Tell the world about it here.

Moderators: mvs_staff, forum_admin, Marilyn

Re: Daily Rant

Postby JO 753 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:36 am

Electrical tape.

I've alwayz disliked it.

First, its not in a dispensr like regular tape with the cutter bilt in, so you pull on it with your thum nail to ter off a piese, but then the end iz strecht and rinkld, sticking to itself. Otherwize you stop to pik up a blade or sizr to cut it, hoping to avoid that but usually it happenz anyway.

Then, handling it partly or completely destickyfiez the spot where your finger touchez the adhesiv side, wile making your finger sticky.

And it feelz like it will conform to the wire joint or wutever youre rapping with it, but alwayz, 10 minits or an owr or a day later wen you look, its flopping around about to fall off.

If you arranje for it not to be able to unrap, just wait 5 or 10 yirz. Wutever work you need to do now haz to wait till after youv pulled it off in little chunks and cleaned off the black slimy glop. Not that it works - you will proseed with the job and find you didnt get it all, so you end up with slimy fingerz and wirez. Soap & water duznt work. You mite try a few harmful solvents befor finding the wun that dizzolvz it.

I assume there iz good electrical tape available sumwer. The wiring in my car iz rapped mostly in stuff thats held up for 44 yirz but therez also plasez that are now a trap that slimez me wenever I need to do sumthing near by. I tried wiping it off, but the bundlez uv wire are infuzed with an endless supply.
eVRExING IN MoDURAsN. eKSePT coKLIT.
http://www.nooalf.com
JO 753
Intellectual

Re: Daily Rant

Postby JO 753 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:13 am

I hav a Sony Blue Ray player. Its 3 or 4 yirz old, so I dont no if theyv fixed this mistake yet.

It rememberz the BR disks youv watched and where you were in them wen you took them out. I suppoze the idea wuz so you coud continue watching where you left off like with a video tape, az if its a conveniens feature. Maybe for a day its a good idea, but it apparently never forgets.

This became a problem today wen I wanted to watch Kick Ass 2. Apparently the last time I had the disk in I wuz watching the movie with the commentary and stopped haf way thru. So now hitting 'play' starts it there with the commentary going! And therez no option to start at the beginning or turn off the commentary! I had to go to the main menu, find the commentary in the extraz, switch it to off, rezume playing and chapter skip back to the beginning. Blew about 5 minits altogether.

Sony haz alwayz been louzy on ergonomics.
eVRExING IN MoDURAsN. eKSePT coKLIT.
http://www.nooalf.com
JO 753
Intellectual

Previous

Return to Great Ideas