Electric Cars: See the obvious micro-industrial revolution

Got a great idea? Tell the world about it here.

Moderators: mvs_staff, forum_admin, Marilyn

Electric Cars: See the obvious micro-industrial revolution

Postby Oleg » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:39 pm

All the lead acid battery manufacturers need to do is put on their thinking caps, and redesign it as a continuously renewing mini-plant similar to a color laser printer or micro-depositing process, a sheet belt, vats, rollers and a control architecture to recharge, resurface, and tap optimally. A cartridge of lead oxide, available everywhere on a national logistic of prime electrolyte fluid, and you could drive coast to coast for under $100 I'm quite sure, only making pit stops.

Two drivers, one sleeping, one driving. Not one solar cell... Just solar cells where the reconditioned, prime electrolytes is always being made fresh on a daily basis. Makes sense, less fooling.

The units could convert old battery weight for amperage and capacity to disbelief. They could be manufactured to cost scheduling realistic for dead broke Americans, and last a lifetime. Maybe $3,000, or cheaper as competition starts offering them for the price of a new flatscreen tv.
Oleg
Intellectual

rotary brushless Whimshurst electroharmonic amplification

Postby Oleg » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Remember the old Whimshurst Engine where you turn a crank and big wheels with conductive pads on them spin counterclockwise?

Well they really made that a grind it probably doesn't have to be.

Maybe a passive form of the same harmonic amplification could become a source of real time traveling recharging feedback.

The wheels have to go around anyway don't they? Something like an inductively coupled, fore and reversed differential box spinning something like alternately rotated hard-disk platters, it might take a bite out of friction losses; but of course it would be no perpetual motion machine.

Maybe we should've begun by just explaining how the dang thing worked to begin with? Why does a Whimshurst Engine convert rotary motion to high electrostatic potential ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wimshurst_machine

Inductively kicked free flywheel that autotransmissions torque to electrophorous platter.

Bernouli turbo air channeling in body with generators, road to roof pressure differential--convert air friction to the flywheel kicking duty cycle. That takes angular momentum loss off the drive.

So there you have some direct recapture of air friction loss that can be scheduled and brought online to rebuilt the belt in the battery.

The car has to sort of hybridize its body shell with the vacuum cleaner, get some sparky wheels and lead oxide laser printer battery the equivalent of 8 to 10 of the old bricks. Laminate a nano eltrovoltaic skin under the paint job and that car will only need to be serviced--no pit stops, maybe not even a plug-in.

McCain can mail me my consulting fee. He said something about setting aside 50 million for battery innovation--those funds that still are waiting release somewhere.
Oleg
Intellectual

Postby Oleg » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:02 pm

Whatever you do, don't let GM rape it and throw it in the shredder.

Patent on lead acid batteries is quite null and void. by by Exon-Mobil

And you too Tesla Toaster U.K.
Oleg
Intellectual

Re: Electric Cars: See the obvious micro-industrial revolut

Postby Schall45 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:40 am

It was very interesting post. I am so glad that you shared it here. Nowadays EVs are quite popular and they will be more in trend in the future because of various advantages. I have just been reading the Electric car buyers guide so that I can buy the best one for personal use.
Schall45
Thinker

Postby JO 753 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:51 am

Led-asid batteryz are az ded az gas. Low power to wate ratio.

Sel fonez and laptops fueled continual refinements and cost reductionz for lithium ion batteryz to the point they were practical for carz. Then Tesla went into production.

Not only are there more & more new lithium ion power electric carz on the market every yir, companyz that convert carz to electric are springing up like mushroomz. Its a relatively eazy garaj mekanic project now.

Then therez Tesla offering battery back up and solar power systemz for homez.

The increasing number uv lithium ion batteryz on the market will eventually make them az cheap az led-asid, then cheaper.

Herez an interesting article about home power systemz. Lithium ion iz about haf the cost over time:
https://www.powertechsystems.eu/home/te ... -analysis/
Tired uv Trump yet? I am:
http://www.7532020.com
JO 753
Intellectual

Postby adamherb » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 am

Recently, a number of companies have announced the development of breakthrough technologies in the field of batteries. There are some well-known manufacturers among them, such as Toshiba, for example, and there are lesser known start-ups like Enevate or StoreDot, which promise ultra-fast charging in a matter of minutes. Fisker recently announced the development of solid-state lithium-ion batteries of a new type, which are planned to be launched on an industrial scale by 2023. Perhaps soon Tesla will present its developments in the field of batteries. Literally this evening was a presentation of the truck Tesla Semi and Tesla Roadster. All it looked impressive. I'm a fan of Elon Musk and I really liked book 'Elon Musk: Inventing the Future' by Ashlee Vance. Great non-fiction book that inpires me. I also like the style in which it is written: biography, the history of his innovations. With the help of the site answershark.com/writing/non-fiction-review/biography-review/how-to-write-biography-review.html I also try to write a biography of one famous person. I can only say that this is copy of Elon, but in another country.
adamherb
Thinker

Return to Great Ideas