How to handle out of control fires.

Got a great idea? Tell the world about it here.

Moderators: mvs_staff, forum_admin, Marilyn

How to handle out of control fires.

Postby Don Blazys » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:27 pm

An out of control fire should never happen. It has been understood for a very long time that a fire requires heat, fuel and oxygen. The key element here is fuel. If people in "fire zones" simply cleared all possible fuels from their immediate surroundings, then catastrophic fires would obviously become impossible! My property values have "skyrocketed" because my friends and neighbors have been responsible in this regard. That, alone should be more than an incentive to follow suit!
Don Blazys
Intellectual

Re: How to handle out of control fires.

Postby robert 46 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Don Blazys wrote:An out of control fire should never happen. It has been understood for a very long time that a fire requires heat, fuel and oxygen. The key element here is fuel. If people in "fire zones" simply cleared all possible fuels from their immediate surroundings, then catastrophic fires would obviously become impossible! My property values have "skyrocketed" because my friends and neighbors have been responsible in this regard. That, alone should be more than an incentive to follow suit!

One needs an incombustible structure because glowing embers can fall down from a fire nearby. Have a cement house with cement roof, incombustible shutters. If earthquake zone, put in lots of Lally columns to keep the roof from collapsing. Not sure how to protect oneself from the tax appraiser.
robert 46
Intellectual

Return to Great Ideas