Multi-tasking!

The Game Show problem, logical fallacies, Marilyn's daily diet, multi-tasking and achieving your potential.

Moderator: Marilyn

dr supriya

Postby bill » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:17 pm

i did not notice until you mentioned it. but small letters are less angular - smother. i sometimes change colors and write in different sizes because this exercises the eyes although relaxing to me i can see how it would be stressful for most as studies have shown per you i thank you for this information.

i must admit to you where there are some posts that i have used abusive language but this was while on my meds. i would get frustrated easily because of the meds side effects

the small print reads: i sometimes change colors and write in different sizes because this exercises the eyes although relaxing to me i can see how it would be stressful for most as studies have shown per you.
love creation machine
bill
Intellectual

Postby bill » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:44 pm

dr. supriya i see 5 nervous systems listed all with the physical body.

is it possible their are 2 more one the souls i will call it the parapsychic and the other the spirits i will call it the psychic nervous systems.

i believe i have a very sensitive parapsychic and psychic nervous system.

i do not know why but it is as if the more i write on this site the more i help lost souls and lost spirits find their way home

but many people would question this.

for example a soul/spirit trapped inside the wrong person can cause many illnesses; according to the information my brain can decode from what i called the parapsychic and psychic nervous system.

or am i just that unusual a person :D :D :D

it is as if dna recycles disease's but is not the main cause. it seems to be regrets over past lives that reinvigorate congenital defects and creates new diseases for drs. to contend with. that with experimentation on the body to increase longevity. but who wants increased longevity with increased pain and suffering [sic] -lower quality of life. this seems to be what the lost souls and spirits are telling me. we must be very nay extremely careful with each new ounce of knowledge gained about the human body.

i often feel as if i am a man from the future of a distant past. in other words i must try to guide and direct this world into a positive spin towards its future and avoid past hells the souls and spirits have gone through.

well if all for naught i hope this makes for some interesting reading. :D :D :D :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: =but it is the truth as it comes in bits and pieces to my mind. it is a jigsaw puzzle of peace harmony and love -the map to a heaven on earth- i took it upon myself to create.

i have belief faith and hope that you dr. supriya have been sent to this site (i affectionately now call it my aunt mvs site) to further my cause.

thank you

just_bill_truly
love creation machine
bill
Intellectual

Re: Multi-tasking!

Postby Pete in Texas » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:17 pm

It might be time to revisit this topic, Ms. vos Savant.

From my own experience, I note that I can manage several things concurrently, provided they are or have become "second nature" and do not require my undivided attention: I can check email/text and respond, take a phone call, answer the front door (if I am on my mobile phone), and scratch my head. Neither I nor any beneficiary seems to suffer from task switching at this level of performance.

All of that changes when I am doing more than one thing with which I am unfamiliar, such as learning a new task, or that requires considerable concentration, such as driving in heavy traffic. An often-cited example of task switching that is unmanageable is texting while driving: while both are familiar, both require enough attention that switching between the two is at best difficult.

Another factor is impairment: if I contract a bad cold or am in grief, seemingly simple, one-at-a-time things like watching TV feel arduous. In either case, my ease of switching tasks is quite limited.

I don’t think task switching itself is harmful. For some activities, it’s critical: Consider what a skilled chorister often does during a performance: while he produces sounds, he looks and hears, and then decides what to do next: he hears himself and others sing and then adjusts his voice to blend with them; he watches for and obeys rhythm and dynamic cues from his director; and he glances his score to remember what words and pitches to sing next. Similar complexities can be observed in other performing arts and many sports.

I agree with you that people should learn to master activities that require managing several tasks over a short period of time, even if it’s hard at first, because doing so can build confidence and provide an exhilarating sense of accomplishment.
Pete in Texas
Thinker

Postby davar55 » Fri May 06, 2016 6:37 am

I like listening to music while working or reading - sometimes. When the music
gets unfamiliar or complex or loud, I tend to get distracted toward it and away
from the real task. On the other hand, when I hit a point where I really need to
concentrate on some reading passage or action, I find myself lowering or even
turning off the background music. The same is true of other multi-task activities -
there's a kind of back-and-forth dynamic as one of the different actions takes the
prime focus.
davar55
Intellectual

Postby davar55 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:04 am

From my previous post:

I like listening to music while working or reading - sometimes. When the music
gets unfamiliar or complex or loud, I tend to get distracted toward it and away
from the real task. On the other hand, when I hit a point where I really need to
concentrate on some reading passage or action, I find myself lowering or even
turning off the background music. The same is true of other multi-task activities -
there's a kind of back-and-forth dynamic as one of the different actions takes the
prime focus.

Consequently, I turn back to Marilyn's postings and to Marilyn to Ask Marilyn:
Is what I described multi-tasking or not?
davar55
Intellectual

Previous

Return to Online Articles By Marilyn