Multi-tasking!

The Game Show problem, logical fallacies, Marilyn's daily diet, multi-tasking and achieving your potential.

Moderator: Marilyn

A theory!

Postby cacao » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:43 am

People have two types of mind. The inner mind and the outside mind. The inner mind is the one responsible for thinking, the consciecness and the over all self-awareness. The outside mind is like a safty guard that keeps us unconsciecly alert about our surroundings that could mean danger or be important to us.
I use a notepad to remember things. Thats my best feature:D
cacao
Intellectual

Brain building

Postby cacao » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:51 am

I think we aquire skilles we need the most. Multi tasking is a skill that may be important. But here is a question: Can we multi task by thinking about 2 or 3 or more subjects at a time?! So at some point we have to realise that thinking by it self is multi-tasking, because we are using different parts of the brain. We calculate formulate the thought in to a sentence and then we say it almost silmultaniously dont we? We also may use different images that we can remeber and illustrate them for example you saw a very nice car so you can describe it by imagining the picture, which is the first task, than you start describing it to the other person using the image in the head and logic and assumption that he knows what the car is, but has no clue what your specific car looked like. The third task is description by it self which requires skilles as well. Many people lack that skill, expecialy childeren which notably some times skip important facts assuming that you know what they saw.
cacao
Intellectual

Postby rshoff » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:11 pm

:)
Last edited by rshoff on Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rshoff
Scholar

multitasking

Postby cacao » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:08 am

I belive the most common way of multitasking is when we talk to someone and do something different manualy. Or we drive the car and jet still listen to the radio and think about what you hear. Some times we talk to people and dont realy think about what they say and respond almost automaticaly.
cacao
Intellectual

Postby rshoff » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:12 pm

Last edited by rshoff on Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rshoff
Scholar

Re: How I Learned to Follow Multiple Conversations

Postby rshoff » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:05 pm

Last edited by rshoff on Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rshoff
Scholar

Multi-Tasking

Postby karabelas34@hotmail.com » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:18 pm

I know of several twins in British Columbia, of whom I grew up with, I must say twins,(if they can)work together can get as much done as 5 people. Technology wasn't an issue, energy and communication, they seemed to have their own communication, language, verbal, tone and gesture.
This may be of some interest, to those that have an interest in getting, alot done, in a little time. Hire twins that get along...prove me wrong.
karabelas34@hotmail.com
Thinker

Postby itsmindovermatter » Thu May 14, 2009 12:07 am

kyle

I will tell you this...both my (male) chidren cannot seem to "think" without back ground music (dah, they both play guitar...ha ha ha). I however need complete silence depending on what I am doing. I love to listen to music typing this to you. This is recreational...so does not require my deeper energy...my soul...its just fun. As my kids tell me "gaming" is for them..who knows...we are all different . If I am making Art though, or writing, I need absolute quiet, preferably with nature sounds from little birds and insects andswind and whathaveyou in my back garden
itsmindovermatter
Thinker

improving the memory n problem solving skills

Postby supriya » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:01 am

guys plz tell me ,how can i improve my memory n problem solving skills......i m a young doctor,,i hv to learn about many disease n their trearments n to remember them clearly all the time....
With Regards
from-Dr. Supriya

i believe in this proverb-
-u r as good as u think u r-

My yaho msngr id is= supriya_rastogi
supriya
Scholar

Re: improving the memory n problem solving skills

Postby Kemosabe-TBC » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:49 am

supriya wrote:guys plz tell me ,how can i improve my memory n problem solving skills......i m a young doctor,,i hv to learn about many disease n their trearments n to remember them clearly all the time....

Build a database with all the diseases and their treatments. Then you just have to bring your Laptop with you, done :P

PS: You should also try to improve your spelling :roll:
Kemosabe-TBC
Intellectual

TO SUPRIYA

Postby bill » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:20 am

SUPRIYA

MEMORY = IT HELPS TO READ TO MUSIC AND DISCUSS WHAT YOU READ
WITH OTHER PREFERABLY DOCTORS.

BY PROBLEM SOLVING I BELIEVE YOU MEAN DIAGNOSING DISEASES. THIS WILL COME NATURALLY WHEN YOUR MEMORY IMPROVES.

DO NOT EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. :D
love creation machine
bill
Intellectual

Memory

Postby supriya » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:59 am

Thanks dear bill......

@kemsabe.......hmmm.....good suggestion...
With Regards
from-Dr. Supriya

supriya
Scholar

Postby bill » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:12 pm

DO NOT WORRY TO MUCH ABOUT SPELLING. IT WILL HELP YOUR MEMORY TO CREATE YOUR OWN WRITTEN LANGUAGE SHORTHAND WHICH WILL IMPROVE YOUR ARTICULATION AND PRONUNCIATION. SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE A COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS WRITE PAPERS AND ARTICLES AND CHECK SPELLING THROUGH GOOGLE AND WORD DEFINITIONS. EVEN THOUGH I HAD A MISDIAGNOSED MENTAL ILLNESS, WHICH LEFT MY MIND IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE, I FULLY RECOVERED IN SPITE OF DOCTORS TRYING TO TREAT ME FOR AN ILLNESS I DID NOT HAVE.

I HAVE BEEN A FAST THINKER (ALBEIT SLOW TO SPEAK -A GENTLEMAN) OR A QUICK WIT (WITHHOLDING MY RETORTS -A GENTLEMAN) ALL MY LIFE. NATURALLY WHEN A MIND LIKE MINE UNWINDS AND BEGINS TO RELAX -SLOWS DOWN- IT CAN BE DEPRESSING. BUT NEVER PUSHED ME INTO A DEPRESSION -AN UNDESIRABLE STATE OF MIND. I NEVER SUFFERED DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR BUT I KNEW HOW TO DIVIDE BY ZERO IN THE SIXTH GRADE AND WAS ALSO ABLE TO COMPREHEND THE INFINITE. WHEN LATER IN LIFE I FIGURED OUT A WAY TO MAKE MY KNOWLEDGE SIMPLER FOR ALL MATHEMATICIANS TO UNDERSTAND I WAS ELATED AND ECSTATIC. BUT WHERE I WORKED THE METHOD OF ACCOUNTING FOR WORK DONE WAS FLAWED AND MIDDLE MANAGEMENT CAUSED ME TO HAVE A STRESS ATTACK. I WAS PUT IN THE HOSPITAL AND MISDIAGNOSED AS BI-POLAR. THE ONLY REASON I COULD THINK OF THEY MISDIAGNOSED ME WAS FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES. BUT THIS WAS TO MY DETRIMENT AND NOT BENEFIT. BECAUSE CURRENT DOCTORS HAVE LARGE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES AND INSURANCE COMPANIES (AS WELL AS LAWYERS) PUSHING AND BULLYING THEM, THE DOCTORS CANNOT GIVE EACH INDIVIDUAL PATIENT HIS/HER BEST TREATMENT PLAN. THE DOCTORS HAD TO INSTEAD FOLLOW AVERAGE [SIC] TREATMENT GUIDELINES. A SCAM TO LIE CHEAT AND STEAL FROM THE PATIENT(S) AND DOCTOR(S).

SORRY TO BE SO WORDY BUT I BELIEVE YOU WILL MAKE A GOOD DOCTOR DR. SUPRIYA. DO NOT BE BULLIED FIGHT FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR PATIENTS CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS TO CURE THE USA (OR YOUR COUNTRY) OF CRUEL AND UNUSUAL MEDICAL PRACTICES TOWARDS INNOCENT VICTIMS OF DREADED DISEASE'S.

THANK YOU DR. SUPRIYA

!*JUST BILL TRULY*!
love creation machine
bill
Intellectual

Thanks for ur wishes dear bill

Postby supriya » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:59 pm

Dear bill,,,,,,it's really very nice to know about u,,,,i have read ur other articles over here,,,,,u seems very brilliant in solving math problems,,,,,,ur posts r good n impressive,,,,one more thing,,dear hw come u always remain so much cool headed,,,,,i had seen in some posts people try to bullying u but u remain quite polite in all ur conversation.....
,,did they misdiagnosed u for bipolar manic depressive disorder,,,,,n they hv done this for money,,,tat's really very hurting n unexpected act on their part,,,,,shame on such doctors....
I always hv affection n sympathy for all my patients....
May God bless u with all happiness...
Plz do take care..
With Regards
from-Dr. Supriya

supriya
Scholar

Capital n small letters

Postby supriya » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Dear bill,,i want to say tat plz use small letters whenever possible instead of capital letters.....
Coz capital letters gives more stress to eyes[a medically proven fact].........whereas small letters hv soothing effect.......
Just compare both,,,n i m sure u can feel the difference...
Thanks
With Regards
from-Dr. Supriya

supriya
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to Online Articles By Marilyn