Loooking for Feed back

The Game Show problem, logical fallacies, Marilyn's daily diet, multi-tasking and achieving your potential.

Moderator: Marilyn

Loooking for Feed back

Postby Jim Murray » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:16 am

While driving along our roads you will see signs stating 500& fine for littering. Is this really the best way to have people stop littering or should we get people involved in a anti littering program through the arts?

I think the signs them self are litter.

One idea I have is to ask a local artist to draw up a sign the same size as the 500$no littering sign with a young child standing in the center of there room with toys all over the floor and just having a look of overwhelment of the task a hand to pick up all the toys.

The sign would read WELCOME TO LUMBERTON
PLEASE DON’T LITTER AS YOU CAN SEE I HAVE ENOUGH TO PICK UP.

The next part of this idea would be to have young school age artist come up with signs and have the people vote on what sign they would like to see in there town.

Anti Smoking tee shirt

Have a young child going for either moms purse or dads pocket where cigarettes are hanging out, this would be the first try at smoking and in the corner of the shirt is the grim reapers smiling. Caption on the shirt “First Act Of Defiance”

On the back would be a old person on oxygen pulling away the oxygen mask reaching for a cigarette, with Grim reaper looking on smiling caption “Last Act Of Defiance”

One more a you guy sitting on his bike with ears rings (basic look of today ) and an older man with cigarette and a rolled up pack in his sleeve looking at him riding his bike with disgust of his look. The young man thinking yeah I will never be cool enough to kill myself.

Donald Trump stated in one of his books that his doesn’t shake hands and would prefer bowing like the Japanese. I heard in the last week or so that if you’re at a dinner party don’t be surprise if some people there don’t shake your hand because of the chance of passing on a germ /cold.

How many colds do you estimate are passed on by the practice of shacking hands?

What do you think of a tee shirt that would have two people bowing to each other with a caption PASS IT ON?
I would like also to see the end of toll roads.
If I were to start a country one of my highest priorities would be to have a great transportation system not a system that puts road blocks up in from of our business.

How much fuel is wasted because of toll roads?
How much pollution created because of the toll roads?
How much does it cost us because in our pocket as consumers because of time of getting products to there destination, Extra maintenance on vehicles, Ect?

I would also like to see a tube from one end of the country to the other where we could transport goods at first then people.

It would work like this, say you have a high pressure system in city in the west and a low pressure one hundred miles to the east valve would open push or pull through tube, if there is a need for more draft there would be large chimneys along the way to assist. Computers would control pressures valves to open and close along the way. If there is a need to have it speed up we could use a linear motor.

Thanks in advance
Jim Murray
Lumberton NJ
Jim Murray
Thinker

to Jim

Postby emilynghiem » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:54 pm

Hey Jim
1. RE: Litter
My friend Franco has this idea, instead of just a moment of silence, have a citywide moment where everyone stops at the same time, picks up a piece of trash and throws it away. The point is still to reinforce collective awareness, but to tie it in with a practical physical act of respect for the environment at the same time. What do you think of his idea? Cool?

RE: Signs
There is a sign in Houston posted on a traffic post that states:
"Posting signs on city property is illegal." Can you believe it.

2. RE: Shaking hands vs. bowing
I saw when in Rome do as the Romans do. As long as you show mutual respect for people, I think the local etiquette or custom is secondary.

3. RE: Smoking as an addiction issue
Instead of just focusing on the physical health factors, I think with alcohol and nicotine addiction, the real issue is to address the internal cause of addiction, whether anger or rebellion or whatever the attitude is behind it. I think if spiritual health is fully and properly addressed, the other mental and physical health issues will follow from there.

References: "Healing" by Francis MacNutt http://www.christianhealingmin.org
Teaches about the need healing and prayer to remove spiritual blocks that can otherwise prevent psychological and medical treatment from working effectively.

4. RE: Money wasted on tolls?
I think normal sales tax we already pay would be enough to fund all necessary government/public facilities, if we would quit wasting resources on problems that can be solved that should not be government responsibility. I think the biggest sources of waste of time, energy and financial resources: litigation instead of mediation; crime and punishment that does not work, instead of correctional and recovery programs that do; abuses of corporate power and welfare, instead of investing in building locally owned cooperatives; war, violence and abuse instead of reconciliation, recovery and reconstruction; political and negative campaigning instead of investing directly into solutions (such as microcredit financing and business education to uplift the economy and eradicate poverty without handouts -- see also: Grameen Foundation).
I think if you solve expensive social problems first, among people and problematic relationships, all the other institutions run by people will consequently become more efficient, and thus cost less to operate.
Responsibility would shift back toward people and communities, and reserve the government for just issues of public facilities and security.

Yours truly,
Emily
emilynghiem
Intellectual

...the reserved exclusive right to government?

Postby Moiety Noire » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:20 pm

...Don't leave out the heavily subsidized, taken over public radio stations in this country...government taxes for that too. Not like it's a business unless you count all the self promotional advertising for funds and other career-raided managed-"trusts" nobody could chisel a nickel out of even if they wanted to.

And how about government to eliminate how public water fluoropoisoning primes the pump of population injury into the HMO swindling and gutting of ordinary people's wealth?...government reserved for that kind of elementary law enforcement.

..most definitely an issue of the security of the majority, Americans specifically...and not remote apartheid fiefdoms constantly turning the crank of terrorism by hook or crook--accent on the 'crook'.
Moiety Noire
Intellectual

Re: ...the reserved exclusive right to government?

Postby emilynghiem » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:31 am

Moiety Noire wrote:...Don't leave out the heavily subsidized, taken over public radio stations in this country...government taxes for that too. Not like it's a business unless you count all the self promotional advertising for funds and other career-raided managed-"trusts" nobody could chisel a nickel out of even if they wanted to.

And how about government to eliminate how public water fluoropoisoning primes the pump of population injury into the HMO swindling and gutting of ordinary people's wealth?...government reserved for that kind of elementary law enforcement.

..most definitely an issue of the security of the majority, Americans specifically...and not remote apartheid fiefdoms constantly turning the crank of terrorism by hook or crook--accent on the 'crook'.

Hey MN:
I was just reading the "Future of Media" which reminds me of what you said above and also my friends who started a micropower station and also work with KPFT Pacifica and Houston Indy Media to democratize the flow of information. If you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself!

I recommend instead of making empty complaints, like the empty promises of politicians, why not cash in on ALL the grievances you mention above. If you take each act of corruption, malfeasance, or abuse of public resources or authority, and add up the approx. cost to taxpayers, then divide by the number of people affected, why not write up a bill or invoice and charge back to the federal or state government for a refund? If every citizen did that, maybe we'd have corrections a lot faster than waiting for "someone" to sue or change legislation. At least, we'd get people's attention when dollars and cents are attached.

I think you have a lot of good ideas, lots of content and research in everything you've posted. If you can calculate the dollars these problems cost the taxpayers, and demand a full or partial refund, I think you could make a living off troubleshooting and pushing for corrections this way. And do good for the public at the same time. Why not? Why not turn the tables on government and charge the bureaucrats for bad decisions made? (If worst came to worst, it might bankrupt government, and then the Federal Reserve might have to print up special notes just to cover the cost of bailing out of these past debts never billed for. MLK dream about cashing in the check just might require building a bigger bank . . . .)

Yours truly,
Emily
emilynghiem
Intellectual

I heard...

Postby cacao » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:22 am

One way to reduce littering is packaging. Make it more simple and make it recyclable. Some products are wrapped in too fancy covers just to sell better and the cover doesnt decay. Other theory is recycling program. One thing that should be done is to fund cities that recycle and give awards to cities that are best at reducing the overall pollution. A nice exaple which I saw in the Millenium Dome UK was paper beeing recyclet in to wooden pencils.
I use a notepad to remember things. Thats my best feature:D
cacao
Intellectual

Emily

Postby bill » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:29 am

Emily

That is why I write a lot to aunt MVS privately. I am Battling the Gov"t for returning extorted money. But I do it privately instead of publicly because I do not want to start a revolution to overthrow the Gov"t. I want to change the Gov"t so that it falls more in line with the constitution.

Bill
love creation machine
bill
Intellectual

Re: Loooking for Feed back

Postby davar55 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:54 pm

Internet littering is a problem. Why people consider
their worst invective or irrationality as viable
contributions to our world interaction media is
only attributable to a lack of civility spilling over
into cyberspace. What can we do to minimize
this egregious intellectual littering phenomenon
without losing our freedom of press and speech?
davar55
Intellectual

Postby Don Blazys » Sun May 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Internet littering occurs because people are allowed to post anonymously. Young punks using fake names can spout gibberish with total and utter impunity without any consequences whatsoever to their true identities.
Don Blazys
Intellectual

Postby davar55 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:51 am

This as a cause is true. Whether forcing non-anonymity
would be entirely desirable or the solution is unknown.

Some people post garbage under their id or name.
Yes, that should and does have consequences.
davar55
Intellectual

Postby davar55 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:27 am

Anonymity as the entire explanation for internet littering
is just an attempt to cover up the real cause -- incivility.
The things some people post aren't worth peanuts.
davar55
Intellectual

Postby abaddon1234 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:41 am

would be entirely desirable or the solution is unknown.
https://thbacara168.wordpress.com/2016/ ... ybaacarat/
abaddon1234
Scholar

Return to Online Articles By Marilyn